Friday, November 16, 2007

New Meme

On another note, Mimi at http://mimisbooks.blogspot.com/ had an interesting Meme for bloggers that I’ll do. Here's how it works: I will answer some questions about you, if you want to play along.


1. Tell you why I friended you or put you on my Bloglines
2. Associate you with something - fandom, a song, a color, a photo, etc.
3. Tell you something I like about you.
4. Tell you a memory I have of you.
5. Ask something I've always wanted to know about you.
6. Tell you my favorite user pic photo of yours (or something about your avatar I like)
7. In return, you must post this in your blog.

That's it! So, if you want to play along, just leave a comment to this post and I will respond.

2 comments:

Denise Norman said...

About Mimi, from whom I cribbed this meme!

1. I've corresponded with you for a long, long time on the Orthodox Women's list and some others. When I found your blog, after searching for Orthodox blogs, I was thrilled to get to know you better!

2. When I think of you, I think of intelligent and voracious reading!

3. Firstly, I just love your taste in books. Secondly, I admire your serenity. You are so often the voice of kindness and reason in so many on-line discussions.

4. You are the meme queen! I steal memes from you all the time!

5. What led to your becoming a vegetarian?

6. There is a photo somewhere on your blog of you as a young teen. I just love your smile in that photo. I always think of you with exactly that smile.

Mimi said...

Thanks so much! You brought a huge grin to my face (and I think I still do have pretty much that smile. My late FIL always said that he loved my smile)

I became a vegetarian out of that early adulthood save the world mentality that eating lower on the food chain would help allow others to eat. While I still believe that free range animal raising is best and helping those in need learn farming techniques (and have access to safe water) is huge, as I've learned what diseases I'm genetically prone to has refined my vegetarianism into more organic and less processed foods for that. And by now, I just can't imagine eating meat

(How's that for longwinded, sorry! Grin)