Saturday, December 31, 2011

As 2011 fades

2011 is fading fast, and I am waiting for 2012 to begin.  This past year had its ups and downs, its betrayals and disappointments, its tragedies and pain, but it also had its joys.  I prefer to think about the good things and leave the bad things behind.  My mantra for 2011 was, "forward, not backward" and it is still my mantra as we enter 2012.  However, I can't help thinking about the past on New Years Eve, about  people and places that are long gone.  Memory Eternal!  My face is turned resolutely to the future, though.   Although I don't have a clue what the future holds for me, I am straining to hear that still, small voice. In the meantime, I am preparing for a large change by decluttering in every possible way, exercising my frugal muscles even more, working on my iconography and other creative pursuits, and becoming more healthy.  This little laundry list is actually a list of my resolutions, I guess.

I am a bit lonely.  I guess that's to be expected since I live alone and don't date.  Perhaps I should change that...  Perhaps not.

Welcome, 2012.  Welcome.

No comments: