Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Work in Progress Wednesday

For the last few years, maybe four, I've fallen in love again with knitting, and have posted about it on this blog.  Some of the knitting websites, blogs and Facebook pages that I frequent are full of knitters talking about their many works in progress.  Tonight, I thought I'd take stock of what I have going:
A lace-weight shawl called Japanese Waves

A cowboy sweater for my friend Carla's grandson which is done except for the buttons, but Colt has outgrown it already.  



Cloisonne jacket for me, but I think it will be too big now that I've lost some weight...

Bramble stitch bag in pretty blue and purple.  What's not to love?
This is my second washcloth in cotton.  I forgot to take a picture of the first one completed.  It's for my church's Christmas Boutique 
Tulip Yoke Baby Cardigan that I did in stripes for a baby girl who outgrew it before I even finished it.  I got cute white flower buttons, too!  Maybe another baby girl will come along.

There is another WIP, which is a chunky teal blue sweater knit in the round, with a bodice of owls made by broken cables.  It was her Christmas present in 2012, but it didn't fit her, so I am in process of re-knitting it.

7 isn't too many, is it?  Is it?




3 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

They are all fabulous, and no, you can never have too many projects on the go, just like you can never have too many books on the go.

I only have one knitting project but seven books :-)

Mimi said...

Oh sigh, those baby cardigans are adorable!

Denise Norman said...

OH MIMI, when I was looking at the baby patterns on Ravelry, I saved so many because they were just too too cute! I have a ways to go before DD presents me with grandchildren, so I can only drool over the patterns for now.