Saturday, January 30, 2021

Second Best Marigold Hotel Quotes


I cannot rest from travel.
I will drink life to the lees.
All times I have enjoy'd greatly,
For always roaming with a hungry heart
Much have I seen and known;
I am a part of all that I have met;
Life piled on life
Were all too little, and of one to me
Little remains: but every hour is saved
From that eternal silence, something more,
A bringer of new things
... from Ulysses by Alfred, Lord Tennyson


speaking to something that we all know and should never forget
That every hour brings new things.
---
Two things we can give our children
Roots and wings
and their wonderful families have given them roots and now they can take flight together.


This is what the young make us remember
that in the end, it's all very simple.
That all it takes, is to look into someone's eyes and say,
Yes, this is what I want,
and for them to reply, it's what I want too,
and there is nothing to be afraid of.

-----
I spent 40 years scrubbing floors and the last months of my life as co-manager of a hotel halfway across the world.
You have no idea now what you will become.
Don't try and control it.
Let go.
That's when the fun starts. 
Because as I once heard someone say, 
There's no present like the time

---------------------------------------------
Seen on a gift keyring on Facebook this morning:

Darling, I may not be your first date, your first kiss, or your first love, and that's fine because, I just WANT ALL OF MY LASTS TO BE WITH YOU.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hi, Denise! Are you still painting icons? I found the box of pigments, etc., that I meant to send you about 5 years ago (!!). Do you still want them? If so, let me know where to send them. My e=mail is in the bottom of the comment.

Love in Christ
Elizabeth Riggs