Thursday, April 17, 2008

Four Things

I got this from Orthodox Mother (orthodoxmother@gmail.com)

Four Things about Me

A) FOUR PLACES I GO OVER AND OVER:
1. Church
2. Work
3. Barnes and Noble
4. My computer at home


B) FOUR PEOPLE WHO ENCOURAGED MY FAITH ALONG THE WAY:
1. My cousin Kathy, and may her memory be eternal!
2. Fr. John
3. Not a person, but a place: the Boston Public Library comparative religion section
4. Fr. James


C) FOUR OF MY FAVORITE FOODS:
1. Pasta
2. Lobster
3. Chocolate
4. Anything Thai or Vietnamese or Indian


D) FOUR PLACES I WOULD RATHER BE RIGHT NOW:
1. Sleeping
2. Clearwater Inn, Lake Sunapee, August 1962
3. San Francisco
4. B Street, Everett, MA


E) FOUR MOVIES I WOULD WATCH OVER AND OVER:
This should be retitled, Four Movies I *DO* Watch Over and Over
1. Moonstruck
2. My Big Fat Greek Wedding
3. The Quiet Man
4. The Sound of Music

F)FOUR THINGS I LIKE ABOUT THE ORTHODOX CHURCH:
1. The way that it calls to all of you - all your talents, all your abilities, all your heart
2. A capella choirs
3. Iconography
4. A way to live that honors and nurtures that little sliver of God that resides in each of us.


G) FOUR OF MY FAVORITE HOBBIES:
1. Researching stuff
2. Cooking
3. Music: Singing, directing a choir, composing, playing the piano badly, researching music, scoring
4. Sleeping


I would like to know more about all you other Mothers - Tag! Please be sure to post a link to your blog in the comments, so we can all read about each other.

5 comments:

Monica said...

What suspense... August 1962.

I also love the acapella choirs. The music often makes me think of angels singing. Especially when one person is entoning one note and the other is singing a melody... don't know the correct name for that.

So glad to meet you,

Monica

Mimi said...

Ooooh, great list!

Anonymous said...

This was fun.. so I'm curious about "Clearwater Inn, Lake Sunapee, August 1962". :)

Denise Norman said...

Hi Michelle Melania,
The reference to Clearwater Inn, August, 1962 is a reference to my childhood. I'll blog about it later today.

Denise

Mama Dee said...

Thank you for your blogs :)