Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Shameless cribbing from Mimi's blog:

A Simple Woman’s Daybook

For Today...

Outside my Window...It is a still, starlit night

I am thinking... about where I've been and where I'm going

From the learning rooms... DD called from college tonight, and talked about how much she is loving her psychology course and how maybe she might go into geriatric counseling, or even hospice care.

I am thankful for... my spiritual father and the conversation we had last night

From the kitchen... leftover vegetable soup with homemade bread

I am wearing...a pair of ratty old capris, a purple tee shirt, and no shoes

I am reading... The Ladder of Divine Ascent, slowly, and The Red Tent, quickly

I am hoping... that my rental house gets finished soon

I am creating... some backdrops and signs for my church's first ever Russian Festival!

I am hearing... my little doggie snoring

Around the house...getting ready to move

One of my favorite things... reading a few select blogs, like Mimi's

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... Workshop tomorrow, birthday dinner with my girlfriends on Friday night, getting ready for vigil on Saturday, direct vigil on Saturday night, church on Sunday morning, work at rental house on Sunday afternoon

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

A beautiful icon of St. Silouan the Athonite

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I was so excited to see an update from you, and thank you for the kind words, my friend.

Are you staying in the same general area with your move?

And, what a lovely career goals for your daughter, whooot whooot.