Friday, May 05, 2006

Meme Time

Another meme sent to me by my blogger friend, Susan. I just love these things!

Video Games I Play: Mah jongg

Television Favorite Shows: Sell This House, Giada DiLaurentiis, Michael Chiarello, Ina Garten, Alton Brown, Sell this House, Clean House, McLeod's Daughters, Monarch of the Glen, Sopranos, Big Love

Favorite Channels: HBO, FoodNetwork, HGTV, Bravo, A&E, BBC America, WE

Favorite Reruns: Everybody Loves Raymond, Will and Grace, Vicar of Dibley, Third Rock from the Sun

Most Addictive Show: Clean House, Vicar of Dibley

Favorite Late Night Talk Show: I'm still mourning Johnny Carson. I'd rather read late at night

Show I Secretly Watch: Soap Network

Where I shop: Online

I like to wear: Jeans, no bra, no shoes

Can't live without: Internet!

Favorite Music Artists: The Pretenders, King Crimson, Renee Fleming, Meatloaf, Tim Curry, Maria Callas, Placido Domingo, YoYo Ma, Fr. John Platko, Rosemary Clooney

Favorite Genre: Opera, show tunes, Orthodox Music, Russian romantic music, classic rock, classical, some alternative, some pop. Hate country - ewww! But, I do like folk and old time bluegrass music, which is VERY different from the modern icky modern country top 40

Favorite Songs: Respondez a ma tendresses, Rachmaninov's Rejoice O Virgin, Arkhangelsky's Unto the Mother of God, Chain Gang, I'm a Mother, I Can Make You a Man, I Go to Sleep, 2000 Miles, An Ordinary Couple, Other Pleasures, My Man.

Songs I hate: Anything rap. Anything where you can't hear the words,either because the person is whispering instead of singing, or because the beat and/or the background music is too loud. Folks don't know how to mix music anymore.

Guilty Pleasure: Barbra Streisand!

Favorite Movies: Moonstruck, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, The Sound of Music, The Quiet Man, Amelie, The Mask of Zorro

Favorite Actors: Antonio Banderas, Clark Gable, Susan Hayward, Armand Assante, Deborah Kerr, Johnny Depp

Favorite Directors: I don't know

Favorite Genre: I want to be entertained, not beat over the head with a social message. So, mostly romance and comedy

Favorite Soundtracks: Anything Rogers and Hammerstein like the Sound of Music, South Pacific, Oklahoma, Carousel... and then theres Rocky Horror Picture Show! Oh yes, "toucha toucha toucha me - I wanna be dirty!"

Movie Quotes I say all the time:
Look at my hand! You have YOUR hand, you have YOUR girl. What about MY hand? What about MY girl?
Who's dead?
The man may be the head, but the woman is the neck, and the neck can turn the head anyway it wants

Movies I can watch over and over: See my favorite movies - also, anything with Clark Gable or John Wayne

Actor that would play me in a movie: Dawn French is who would be cast, but I think of myself more like a young Elizabeth Taylor, actually. LOL - I bet others would think of me more like Rosalind Russell! I could do worse!

Favorite Cuisine: Well, anything but Southern. I'm not sure that dead, grey vegetables, lard, cool whip, sliced bananas in vanilla pudding and mayonnaise equal a cuisine. I guess I'd have to say: Mediterranean and Asian cuisines

Favorite Dishes: too many to list really. But lobster and chocolate.

Favorite Desserts: anything chocolate

Favorite Drinks: good coffee with cream, no sugar, or a splash of liqueur

Favorite Junk Foods: McDonald's fries

My Original Recipes: Everything I cook is original because I tinker with everything. Its been hard to actually write stuff down and give precise directions and measurements on my food blog

Favorite Restaurants: The Union Oyster House, No Name in Boston; The Stinking Rose and Jacques and anything in China Town in San Francisco

Foods I hate: pickled herring in sour cream. What a waste of sour cream!

High School Name: Everett High

Status: graduated

Class of: 1973

Attended: 1970 - 1973, grades 10, 11, and 12

Sports: LOL! But I used to be a like a fish in the water and I like to watch figure skating on tv

Organizations: Anti Environmental Pollution Committee, marching band, stage band, concert band, drama club, student government, National Honor Society

Religion: Eastern Orthodox

Interests: Raising my daughter, reading, cooking, needlework, iconography, my new food blog, water colors, travel, getting a new job!

Expertise: very competent jack of all trades, but master of none.

Occupation: mother, choir director, singer, artist, manager

No comments: